Fancy phone cameras.

I am an iPhone guy. And I’ve been an iPhone guy basically since they started making iPhones. It’s been fascinating to see the camera evolve from rudimentary (low-res stills and no video) on the first iPhone to generally amazing (comparable to many “real” cameras) on modern iPhones.

My current phone is a couple of years old — I am an iPhone guy, but I am not a gotta-get-a-new-iPhone-every-year guy. But I am going to have to get a new one pretty soon, because apparently the camera on the current “pro” iPhone is legitimately pro. I mean, you can shoot “log” video on an iPhone 15 Pro and record it to an external USB-C drive!

Stu Maschwitz has an excellent blog post about how he uses professional post-production tools to color correct shot-on-iPhone video. Be sure to check out the post’s embedded video to see some examples of how good iPhone video can look these days.

Speaking of professional post-production...

Here’s a video about the visual effects of (the most excellent) Godzilla Minus One.

And here’s one about the visual effects of all of this year’s Oscars visual effects nominees, one of which is Godzilla Minus One.

Shot from Godzilla Minus One of Godzilla stomping around the city.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beastie samples and camera gear.

Shot on iPhone (and Panavision).

Dr. No and Frankenstein Castle.