Iceland 2024.

I’m back home after a short but amazing trip to Iceland.

The morning my flight landed, I got to see a volcano (from a safe distance, of course).

Nighttime photo of Iceland volcan. (From a distance, of course.)

Then I got to see some amazing waterfalls and beaches.

Waterfall in Iceland with several folks looking at it.
Black sand beach in Iceland with several folks walking around.

Then I got to see the northern lights!

Northern lights as seen from Iceland in February 2024.

I also got to eat some world-class pancakes.

Pancakes and bacon as served at the Gray Cat restaurant in Iceland.

If you live in the United States and want to visit Europe*, Iceland is a great option. It’s a relatively quick flight (about six hours from Baltimore, for example), it’s easy to navigate for English speakers, and it’s a beautiful country in a way that is different from the beautiful parts of the U.S.

*I looked it up to double-check, and Iceland is geographically part of both Europe and North America! Such an interesting country.

Oh, and Stacey took a picture of me being very cold despite being all bundled up.

Me all bundled up holding a camera with a waterfall in the background.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beastie samples and camera gear.

Shot on iPhone (and Panavision).

Dr. No and Frankenstein Castle.